Async work is the future for all developers!
I’m sure some of you have announcements from your companies to reopen offices — and many company employees not reacting well to the announcements, because it’s not easy.
Because async work is the work that’s most compatible with the life of a developer as it’s life-first work.
So, why are some top leaders pushing back, ordering employees back to the office?
- Because they don’t realize is that the pre-Covid workplace no longer exists.
- Because leaders haven’t been listening closely enough to their people.
Technology allows us to work from wherever we want.
- You can log on to computers from a home office or coffee shop anywhere in the world, as long as you have internet.
- Although remote work offers advantages, few still argue that nothing can replace working together face two face.
- As many businesses utilizing a virtual workforce in some capacity, the opportunities for new graduates to obtain a remote job are becoming increasingly common.
And current workforce also wants the freedom to work remotely, the freedom to work on their own schedules.
If this doesn’t sound like a reason to listen to employees, I don’t know what is.
- The time to listen to and involve employees in shaping the future of work is now.
- I believe that the future of work is remote.
Why are we seeing such a rise in remote work?
- Technology makes remote work possible
- Better communication technology is obviously one of the main drivers of the rise of remote work.
- Remote work is more than just a future goal.
Few of the popular tools that remote companies use:
- Google Docs/ Office Online
- Microsoft Teams/Slack/Discord/Zoom/Meet
- World Time Buddy